3. Storytelling and storyline
The basic pattern of a story consists of three parts, which can be described in the simplest form as beginning, middle, end. Or perhaps more precisely: initial situation, complication, resolution.
The archetypical pattern stories
- Hero’s Journey
- Defeat the monster
- From dishwasher to millionaire
- The Quest
- The journey and return
- The Comedy
- The Tragedy
- The rebirth
#Building the storyline with the storytelling template.
The Leader Thread
Every story needs:
- An occasion or an emotionally gripping initial situation. Context of the story (links below).
- A sympathetic main character (hero) with whom viewers can identify.
This is complemented by an antagonist (anti-hero, cause of conflict). This does not have to be a person. (center bottom)
- An exciting „journey“ through conflicts and obstacles. (Climbing the mountain)
- A climax in which the conflict is resolved and a perceptible change occurs in the main character or a situation. (Summit and descent from the mountain)
- The message that everyone should take away. (Bottom right)